#UNLOCKHANDLOOM: To Celebrate NATIONAL HANDLOOM WEEK and Commemorate 75 years of Independence of Progressive India - AZADI KA AMRIT MAHOTSAV
To participate please register: https://bit.ly/3BZDqPh
Time: 11 AM - 5 PM
Date: Saturday, 14th August 2021
Venue: National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hauz Khas Campus, South Delhi, New Delhi
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- SHGs/ NGOs/ TRUSTs
- Inaccessibility to finance
- Lack of availability of skilled workforce
- Product unsuitability: Supply not of international quality standards
There are several reasons that have led to the problems of micro entrepreneurs receiving financial assistance some of them are:
- Entrepreneurs by nature are informal and young.
- They have less credibility in the market
- Often not enough assets are available for collateral
- No market related information of the global market and export
- Product & Market Diversification
- Increasing number of digital buyers worldwide
- Shift in consumer preferences from offline to online purchase
- DEMAND DOWN - Export order cancellations hit 70%-80% in April.
- BUSINESS PAUSE: Many businesses shut down permanently.
- REVENUE DROP: Revenues remained very small.
- CASH FLOW CRUNCH: Liquidity crunch to repay loans, pay salaries & working capital.
- EXPORT HIT: Exports fell by a record 60% in April.
The project was created with prime objective to establish a unified platform to create and identify livelihood opportunities for Entrepreneur or Start-ups. It acts as an entrepreneurship enabler by bringing together entrepreneurs, youths, training providers, financial support systems, technology providers and market linkages and enterprises that work with micro entrepreneurs.
The project team has an experience in developing business opportunities for Entrepreneur or Start-ups in various sectors including in handlooms. This project will also focus on supporting Entrepreneur or Start-ups starting their entrepreneurial journey in handloom sector in registered National Capital Region (NCR).
The project contributes to Gender Equality (SDG 5) and Financial Empowerment (SDG 8). The project endeavours to develop the skills of women comprising of marginalized women to make them more employable & self reliant so that they become capable of earning a decent livelihood.
We follow a structured process in moving a fledgling idea to the marketplace. The founder needs to put the thoughts together as part of systemic approach.
Creating a concept note helps the Entrepreneur or Start-ups gain clarity, and this is done by completing the pre-incubation application form after registration.
- Awareness & Youth Mobilization
- Organizing infrastructure set up, awareness content, resources, technology platform etc
- Registration to 03 Months Pre-Incubation Process for all Micro Entrepreneurs
- Conducting EDP for selected Entrepreneurs (comprising of Women & Youths)
- Handholding for 03 months for Project Proposal and Mudra Loans from Banks/ MFIs/ NBFCs
- Digital Identity or Profile Creation, Promotion & Branding in domestic & export markets
- To organize regular business update newsletters
ABOUT ORGANIZER: IAMKHAADII FOUNDATION (IAMKHADI)
IAMKHAADII FOUNDATION is incorporated in 2018, is a Non-for-profit Social Enterprise and Start-Up (DIPP58339) recognized by Govt. of India. It is incubated at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi on Export Promotion. It is promoted by Yash Arya (Alumnus of IIFT, Delhi & IIM, Lucknow) and Ms. Dolly Bhasin is a Technical Director (Projects).
IAMKHADI works with more than 1000+ NGOs/ NFPO/ SHG/ Co-operatives comprising of 5000+ micro entrepreneurs – impacted 1, 00,000+ lives especially women by providing value added training, policy intervention and global market access ensuring a dignified income and overall development of artisans, farmers, manufacturers and workers in the unorganized sector.
ABOUT ORGANIZER: NIFT FOUNDATION FOR DESIGN INNOVATION (NFDI)
NFDI Incubation & Accelerator Program discusses with each Entrepreneur or Start-up the early stage idea and further helps develop the Business Model Canvas during 3 months Pre-Incubation Process in HOME & SPACES, SMART WEARABLE, FASHION & LIFESTYLE, APPAREL & ATHLEISURE. The Business Model Canvas is the early road map of the Entrepreneur or Start-up, on which the Pitch Deck is based. The pitch is presented to NFDI Selection and Monitoring Committee.
Once the WOMEN startup is selected for Incubation Program, NFDI will work for 2 years to help in defining the early product or service or customer archetype to develop a Minimum Viable Product followed by Market Feasibility and Validation through some market traction. It is followed by pitching to angel investors and continues to monitor the progress of Entrepreneur or Start-ups till she succeeds.
The access to seed capital, infrastructure, mentoring support, networking opportunity, investor connect, etc… will be a part of the NFDI Incubation & Accelerator Program for Entrepreneur or Start-ups/ startups in HANDLOOM SECTOR.
ABOUT CO- ORGANIZER: ARYA BHARAT (NGO)
ARYA BHARAT MANAV SEVA SAMITI (NGO) is a trusted National Level Non-for-profit Social Enterprises working since 2007 and is dedicated towards protection of national heritage and art including promotion and development of heritage, traditional art and handicrafts. We are empanelled with the Development Commissioner (Handicraft) with Empanelment No: UP/2017/0157740 under Category 1.
ARYA BHARAT (NGO) is registered with Niti Aayog and possesses 12A & 80G registration. It also has its own KHADI cluster in Bijnore, which comprises of 25 women spinners and 50 male weavers. The complete project was funded by H.T. Parekh Foundation.
For details please contact:
Mr. Yash Arya, CEO, IAMKHADI email@example.com +91-9540000191
Ms. Dolly Bhasin, Chief Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org +91-9810248864
Dr. Ajit Nigam, CEO NFDI email@example.com +91-7983536357